LokalBuy helps to find the latest deals and offers available in near stores. We aim to improve shopping experience in local stores & malls and maintain good relationship between the shoppers and merchants. We are a start-up now, wants to provide best services to you as we can.
- In these Terms and Conditions, defined words are used and referred to below by using a capital letter. These words have the following meaning:
- “Merchant” means a third party who provides the Products in exchange for a Voucher;
- “Product(s)” means the specified goods and/or services described in the Offer which are provided by a Merchant in exchange for a Voucher;
- “Register” means entering your first name, last name, email address, city, selecting a username and password to create an account on the Website;
- “Offer(s)” means offering Vouchers for sale on the Website or by email in exchange for Products provided by Merchants;
- “You” means the user of the Website and the buyer of Vouchers;
- “Us” and “We” means lokalbuy.com team,
- “Voucher” means a prepaid credit voucher which is subject to these Terms and Conditions, which, if bought by You, allows You to redeem it at a Merchant in exchange for Products;
- “Website” means the Website located http://lokalbuy.com
- “CPA” means the Consumer Protection Act
- Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. When registering an account with Us, You are required to agree to the Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are made between You and Us.
- These Terms and Conditions are applicable when You access and use the Website.
- You may not buy a Voucher unless You accept these Terms and Conditions.
- The content contained on this Website may be used by You for your own personal, non-commercial shopping and information purposes only.
- To use the Website and to buy a Voucher, You must be 18 years old or over.
- These Terms and Conditions are a written contract between You and Us and any other terms do not form part of our contract unless they are made in writing and signed by You and Us.
- If any one or more provisions of these Terms and Conditions should become invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect under any law, such provision will be set apart from these Terms and Conditions, and the validity, legality and enforceability of the rest of the provisions will not in any way be affected.
- Should We amend these Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions which You read and agreed to, will be applicable. We may ask You to agree to the amended Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- We do not warrant that Product description or other content of this Website is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free and assumes no liability in this regard.
- we strives to provide You with the best prices possible on products and services You buy or avail of from the Seller. However, we does not guarantee that the price will be the lowest in the city, region or geography. Prices and availability are subject to change without notice or any consequential liability to You.
- While we strives to provide accurate products, services and pricing information, typographical and other errors may occur. In the event that a product or service is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to an error in pricing or product or service information, we may, at its discretion, either contact You for instructions or cancel Your product and notify You of such cancellation. We will have the right to modify the price of the product or service and contact You for further instructions via e-mail address provided by You at the time of registration, or cancel the product or service and notify You of such cancellation.
Third Party Content
The Website makes available general third party information such as product catalogues, lists of authorized dealers, and reports on news, entertainment, technology and features, advertisements including videos, images and photographs of the products and other data from external sources (“Third Party Content”). Similar Third Party Content would also be available to You on the email received by You from The provision of Third Party Content is for general informational purposes only. You acknowledge that the Third Party Content provided to You is obtained from sources believed to be reliable. LokalBuy does not provide any guarantee with respect to any the Third Party Content and LokalBuy shall not be held liable for any loss suffered by You based on Your reliance on or use of such data.
OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU AND THE MERCHANT
- We are an intermediary as defined in the Consumer Protection Act between You and the Merchant. This means that we represent the Merchant by offering and selling You the Voucher.
- The Products will be supplied to You by the Merchant and not by Us.
- If You have any problem with the Products, You must take it up with the Merchant and not with Us.
BUYING A VOUCHER
- You can make use of a credit card, Electronic Funds Transfer, when buying a Voucher on the Website.
- When You make use of a credit card to buy Vouchers, your credit card details are transmitted by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). At no time are your credit card details stored on our server.
- We will send You an email with your Voucher after You have paid for it and it then becomes your property. The transaction between You and Us is then concluded in terms of the CPA.
- You may cancel the transaction by giving us notice in writing within 2 business days after the transaction is concluded that You want to cancel. We will refund your money within 15 business days after We receive your written notice and no penalty will be charged for cancellation
REDEEMING A VOUCHER
- Once You receive the Voucher by email, you must print it out and take it with You to the Merchant.
- The Voucher will have additional information which You must read and in most cases You will have to call the Merchant to make a booking when you want to redeem your Voucher.
- When You go to the Merchant, You must present the printed Voucher to redeem the Products.
- It is the Merchant’s responsibility to provide You with the Products and, should You not be happy with the Products after You have received them, You may not ask Us for your money back. We are only an agent of the Merchant and You must take it up with the Merchant directly.
- If You are not satisfied with the Products relating to a service provided by the Merchant, You can ask the Merchant to correct the defect in the Products or ask the Merchant to refund You a reasonable portion of the price You paid for the Products having regard to the extent of the Merchant’s failure to provide a satisfactory Product.
- Where the Product consists of goods and You are not satisfied with the Products, You are entitled to ask the Merchant to refund You or to repair the goods, provided You return the Products to the Merchant within guaranty period after the Products were delivered to You and the Products do not comply with the requirements and standards set out in CPA.
- If You want to redeem your Voucher and the Merchant is unable to provide the Products, You are entitled to a refund from the Merchant.
- The Voucher is not only redeemable by You but by any person who presents the Voucher to the Merchant. It is the responsibility of You to keep the voucher safe and neither LokalBuy nor the Merchant will be liable to compensate You or replace the voucher should the voucher be lost by You.
- Merchants have their own applicable terms and conditions, in relation to the supply of the Products and You must find out what those terms and conditions are before You redeem your Voucher.
- You may not copy the Voucher and try to redeem the same Voucher more than once.
- You may not sell the Voucher to any other person but You may give it away as a gift.
EXPIRY OF A VOUCHER
- We act purely as the intermediary/agent, the expiry date of each voucher is determined by the Merchant.
ERRORS AND OMISSIONS
- We are not liable for errors or omissions (for example incorrect pricing, values, contact information at all). We will use reasonable endeavours to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable after being notified of them. We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute, suspend or remove without notice any Deal, Voucher, Item, Services or information on the Site or forming part of the Services.
- You agree not to infect the Website with any computer programming (such as a virus) that may damage, interfere with, delay or intercept any data or information on the Website and You agree to pay for any monetary or other loss we may incur as a result of such infection of the Website by You.
- We may suspend the Website or any part thereof or close your account after giving notice to You if We determine that the Website is not being used by You in compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- We cannot guarantee that your use of the Website will always be uninterrupted or that it is free from becoming infected by viruses due to factors beyond our control.
- Your access to the Website may sometimes be restricted due to repairs or maintenance of the Website. We will try to restore your access as soon as We reasonably can.
- We cannot assume any responsibility for lack of functionality which is dependent on your browser or other third party software
- The Website contains copyright and other intellectual property including logos and other graphics and multimedia works that are our property.
- E-mail addresses, names, telephone numbers and fax numbers on the Website may not be incorporated into any database used for electronic marketing or similar purposes.The presentation of such details is not permission from Us to utilise same.
- You may not, without our prior written consent, use our intellectual property or that of third parties for any purposes whatsoever.
FACTORS BEYOND OUR CONTROL
- We will not be liable to You for any breach of our obligations under these Terms and Conditions where We are hindered or prevented from carrying out our obligations by any cause outside our reasonable control, including by lightning, fire, flood, extremely severe weather, strike, lock-out, labour dispute, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, explosion, malicious damage, failure of any telecommunications or computer system, compliance with any law, accident (or by any damage caused by any of such events).
- Your private information required for registering an account on the Website will be kept in the strictest confidence by Us and will not be sold or made known to third parties.
- We may electronically collect, store and use your:
- name and surname;
- e-mail address;
- birth date;
- your city;
- non-personal browsing habits and click patterns;
- preferences regarding Offers;
- IP address.
- This information will only be used to do the following:
(a)to facilitate Your use of the Website; (b) to respond to Your inquiries or fulfill Your requests for information about the various services; (c) to provide You with information about LokalBuy’s products/services and to send You information, materials, and offers from LokalBuy; (d) to send You important information regarding the Website, changes to LokalBuy’s terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; (e) to send You surveys and marketing communications that LokalBuy believes may be of interest to You; (f) to personalize Your experience on the Website and LokalBuy’s other websites by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to You; (g) to help You address Your problems with the Website including addressing any technical problems; (h) for proper administering of the Website; (i) to conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the Website); (j) to improve the services, content and advertising on the Website; (k) to protect the integrity of the Website; and (l) to respond to judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law.
- You acknowledge that apart from Your Personal Information, if You upload any content on the Website, such content may contain information including Personal Information and the same may be available to the other users of the Website. LokalBuy will not be liable for the disclosure and dissemination of such Personal Information to third parties.
- LokalBuy may disclose aggregated information about the use of the Website, but it will never contain Personal Information. LokalBuy does not disclose Personal Information to third parties in the normal course of operations. However, in situations when LokalBuy is legally obligated to disclose information to the government or other third parties, LokalBuy will do so.
- LokalBuy implements standard measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception of Personal Information. However, no internet site can fully eliminate security risks.
- subject to your consent, to inform You of facts relating to your access and use of the Website;
- subject to your consent, to inform You about Offers;
- to compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the Website subject to the conditions in clause 13.6 below;
- to verify your identity when transacting with Us.
- Information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by you. You may determine cookie use independently through your browser settings.
- We may collect, maintain, save, compile and share any information collected from You, subject to the following conditions:
- We will not disclose your personal information unless you give us your permission there to or unless required for the purposes of any legal process;
- We may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual;
- We own and retain all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by Us;
- We own and retain all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by Us online.
- We cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring on your electronic device (personal computer or other electronic device used to browse the Website), which may result due to the lack of adequate virus protection software or spy-ware that you may inadvertently have installed on your device.
- We will send you regular communications via email with the hottest deals on fun things to do, see and experience in your city. Subscription to this email is free. Every email will have an ‘unsubscribe’ link to facilitate easy opt-out if you no longer want to receive the emails.
- We review this policy from time to time, to ensure that it reflects how We use your information. The policy which was effective on the date you used the Website will be applicable so please ensure that You are familiar with any changes.